Newslink
       Articles   Images   PDF   Magazine   Online   ANN  

ANN
  Advanced Search
   
 

 
Forgot your password? Click here
        Date Range
From:
To:
 
6760 results found for: kwek mean luck
Asia News Network Luck of Korean voters
By: KIM JI-SOO,   The Korea Times (Korea)  The Korea Times (Korea)/Asia News Network  03/04/2019
By Kim Ji-soo

Compared to some other voters across the world, the Korean voters may well be lucky in that we only routinely discover our Cabinet minister-nominees have some “baggage” when they arrive for review at the parliamentary hearing for confirmation.

Readers by   (588 words)
Asia News Network Best of luck from Women in Blue
By: SHALINI GUPTA,   Hindustan Times (India)  Hindustan Times (India)/Asia News Network  29/05/2019
New Delhi, May 29 -- When Virat Kohli & Co will be fighting it out in England for the World Cup, the Indian women's cricket team will be polishing their game at a training camp at home. After a hard day's work, they are sure to gather in the evenings to watch India's progress. They will be hoping that   (1512 words)
Asia News Network Malavika's Mumbaistan: Bloody Good Luck
By: MALAVIKA SANGGHVI,   Hindustan Times (India)  Hindustan Times (India)/Asia News Network  23/01/2019
India, Jan. 23 -- "The first book on luck was born from a statement heard by me about how in life 99% is good luck and the remaining 1% is bloody good luck," said Ashwin Sanghi, ranked among India's highest selling English fiction authors, known for his Bharat Series, a mix of Indian history, culture, mythology, theology and spirituality melded with   (881 words)
Asia News Network Blame it on karma, luck crucial to success
By: AMRIT MATHUR,   Hindustan Times (India)  Hindustan Times (India)/Asia News Network  01/05/2019
But in a six-week 14-match tournament luck plays a critical role because one dropped catch, one wide, one no ball not called by a sleepy umpire can change the result. Also, teams have to contend with momentum, a nebulous intangible, an uplifting drug which can be decisive.   (583 words)
Asia News Network [ED] Good luck to Rep. Shim
By: NA JEONG-JU,   The Korea Times (Korea)  The Korea Times (Korea)/Asia News Network  10/12/2019
Good luck to Shim.   (491 words)
Asia News Network Out of luck RR face CSK threat
By: BIHAN SENGUPTA,   Hindustan Times (India)  Hindustan Times (India)/Asia News Network  31/03/2019
CHENNAI, March 31 -- It will be a tale of contrasting fortunes when bottomplaced Rajasthan Royals take on Chennai Super Kings, at the Chepauk Stadium, here on Sunday. The visitors have already hogged the limelight in more ways than one but are yet to open their account after losing their first two   (330 words)
Asia News Network Does 'lucky bag' bring luck to customers, or to Starbucks?
By: JUN JI-HYE,   The Korea Times (Korea)  The Korea Times (Korea)/Asia News Network  13/01/2019
Among those, 1,000 bags contain four additional coupons for free drinks, making people expect more luck. There is a limit ― one person can buy only one bag.

This year, the bags sold out within five hours, according to Starbucks Korea.   (529 words)
Asia News Network Dear God, sorry and better luck next time
The Nation (Thailand)  The Nation (Thailand)/Asia News Network  (THE NATION)  06/08/2018
My fellow Oldey, Ye Olde Theologian (aka Theo) has been in deep shock ever since he learned that there are Jews who openly defy the divine will by eating vegetables at the Passover meal instead of the divinely mandated lamb.  (“Even rabbis have left behind lamb”, “Veggies as   (473 words)
Asia News Network ICC World Cup 2019: Best of luck from Women in Blue
By: SHALINI GUPTA,   Hindustan Times (India)  Hindustan Times (India)/Asia News Network  29/05/2019
India, May 29 -- When Virat Kohli & Co will be fighting it out in England for the World Cup, the Indian women's cricket team will be polishing their game at a training camp at home. After a hard day's work, they are sure to gather in the evenings to watch India's progress. They will be hoping that the   (1511 words)
Asia News Network DAVID LUIZ WISHES KOHLI LUCK AHEAD OF WORLD CUP
By: HT CORRESPONDENT,   Hindustan Times (India)  Hindustan Times (India)/Asia News Network  28/05/2019
LONDON, May 28 -- Former Brazil captain and Chelsea defender David Luiz on Monday wished India skipper Virat Kohli luck ahead of the World Cup. In a video message shared on Twitter, Luiz is seen referring to Kohli as 'bro' and said he will be supporting Kohli's team in the World Cup. "Hello, Virat Kohli!   (108 words)
6760 results (0.1 seconds) found